- 1 1/2 cups Mozerella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Creme Fraiche or Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Hemp hearts you can use ground flax seeds or use other nut or seed flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 scoop MCT powder optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup tomato or pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped basil can use dried
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp finely ground coffee or expresso (decaf is fine)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Dijon or Brown mustard Yellow doesn't work as well
- 1 tsp Yacon syrup optional, but adds that molasses flavor
- 3 Tbsp keto friendly sweetener
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs pork-slow cooked
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
In Instapot® or slow cooker, add pork water and salt. Cook until meat is tender and can be easily pulled apart with a fork.
While pork cooks, begin barbecue sauce in a small bowl, by adding all ingredients and mixing well. I like to use my hand blender for this part. Cover and set aside until pork is ready.
Once pork is tender, using two forks shred pork, don't drain the liquid. Instead, add the barbecue sauce to the existing liquid and mix well. Manually, set cooking time on your pot for 10 mins, to allow the sauce to caramelize with the pork.
While pork finishes, Preheat oven to 425° F. and grease 2 English muffin rings or mini springform pans (you can use 2 cup glass bowls, but the buns are more difficult to remove) and cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a microwave safe dish melt mozzarella and cream cheese (about 60-90 seconds. Add in all other ingredients, adding the egg last. Mix really well, the dough will be very elastic.
Divide dough in half and place each half in prepared muffin rings.
Bake 8-10 mins until tops are golden.
Remove buns from muffin rings (I let mine cool a for a min or two first. It is also easier if you run a butter knife around the edges before popping out of the rings).
Slice buns, add the pork and enjoy!
Macros are per open faced sandwich (half a bun)
Total fat 66 g
Net carbs 8 g
protein 63 g