Keto Berry Custard Pie
- 1 Prebaked keto pie crust
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche may substitute with sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp keto friendly sweetener
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum may substitute guar gum
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin may substitute unflavored gelatin such as Knox brand
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp mace optional
- 1/2 cup berries whole, mashed or pureed
Prepare pie crust ahead of time. It can still be warm, but needs to be ready as soon as you pull custard off the heat. I like the Keto Meringue Crust for this pie.
In a medium sauce pan add all ingredients except the berries and mix well.
Cook over medium low heat until mixture begins to thicken. Be careful not to overcook as it will cause the eggs to separate. It will be the consistency of instant pie filling before set.
Remove from heat, add berries to crust and immediately pour custard over the top.
Chill completely before serving.
Macronutrient information includes Keto Meringue Crust.
Total Fat: 15.9 g
Net Carbs: 2.3 g
Protein: 7.9 g