Keto Berry Shortcake
- 6 eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp Cream cheese softened for dairy-free use non-dairy (like Kite Hill brand) Cream Style Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened for dairy-free use coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup keto friendly sweetener (I used Allulose)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups berries (I used mixed berries)
- 1/4 tsp barrel-aged balsamic vinegar (can use regular balsamic, but its not as good)
- 2 Tbsp keto friendly sweetener
Preheat oven to 300° F. and grease or add paper cupcake liners to muffin pan.
Separate eggs, adding whites to mixer bowl. Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form. Meanwhile, add remaining shortcake ingredients to egg yolks and mix well
Gently fold egg yolk mixture into stiff egg whites
Fill muffin cups to the top (this batter doesn't expand too much). I use an ice cream scoop to do this
Bake for 30-40 mins or until the cakes are browned on top and spring back slightly to touch. While shortcakes cool a little. Mix berries and berry topping ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 2 mins. This will allow the berries to be mashed a little
Great with a dollop of whipped cream on top, or your favorite keto ice cream.
Macros are for using 2 of the shortcakes. You can reduce the carbs by using only 1 shortcake. Especially, if you are adding ice cream or whipped cream.
Total fat 14.5 g
Net Carbs 5.0 g
Protein 8.2 g