- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla optional: add other extracts to change flavor
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup keto friendly sweetener if making for non-keto or new keto people's increase to 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour for tree-nut free use 1/3 cup coconut flour instead
- 1/4 cup oat fiber not oat flour or bran
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place parchment paper and 8 muffin rings on a cookie sheet and lightly oil.
In mixer bowl add all wet ingredients plus nutmeg, mace, cinnamon, and sweetener, and mix well on low speed.
Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well, starting on low and increasing to medium speed. You may need to scrape sides. Batter will be thick like loose cookie dough.
Add equal portions of dough (I use an ice cream scoop for this) to muffin rings.
Using a spatula smooth dough into muffin rings.
Using a small spatula or spoon, add hole to center (I used a slight turning motion).
Make hole slightly bigger than what you want in your final donut, as the dough does thicken and spread slightly.
Bake about 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Run a knife around edges of muffin rings to release donuts.
Place donuts on a rack to cool a little before adding toppings (unless you are just sprinkling with powdered sweetener).
Macros are per donut. These are large donuts, so if you want to decrease the carb load you may only wish to eat half. Also, the macros for your topping needs to be added to your final count.
total fat 40.8 g
net carbs 4.9 g
protein 10.7 g