Keto Chocolate Macarons
These are made with coconut flour not almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour if using almond flour increase to 1/2 cup
- 6 egg whites room temperature (if using almond flour reduce by 1 egg white)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup keto friendly sweetener powdered (you can use the granular and run it through a coffee/spice grinder)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz dark chocolate 76% or higher
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- keto friendly sweetener optional (to taste)
- 1/4 cup freeze dried berries optional (ground)
Prepare a baking sheet by covering with parchment paper and preheat oven to 325° F.
Separate eggs store yolks for another occasion. Add egg whites to mixer bowl with whisk attachment, add cream of tartar and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
Add remaining ingredients to egg whites.
Gently fold the other ingredients into whites. Don't over mix or you will deflate your whites.
Use a pastry bag or a ziplock with the corner cut and fill with the meringue mixture (you can use a tip like the one shown, or just pipe from the cut corner).
Pipe meringue mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
Let rest about 10 mins (this allows the tops of the cookies to dry a bit before baking). Bake on lower rack of the oven for about 12-15 mins.
Melt chocolate in a microwave safe container in the microwave on high for about 2 mins. You want the chocolate to be "just" melted. If there are some small pieces stir and see if they finish melting without more time.
Once chocolate is entirely melted add cream and any sweetener you are using and mix thoroughly. Add berries if using and stir well.
Once cookies have cooled slightly add a dollop of the ganache to the bottom of a cookie and add a top.
total fat 7.2 g
net carbs 2.9 g
protein 2.1 g