Keto Dark Chocolate Haystacks
- 3 oz 90% or higher dark chocolate approximately one bar
- 1/3 cup creamy unsweetened nut butter (I used almond, but if you are avoiding tree nuts you could use unsweetened peanut butter just add the net carbs)
- 2 Tbsp butter (if you are dairy free you can use coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup keto friendly sweetener powdered (you can do this in a coffee or spice grinder if you don't have any powdered)
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 scoop MCT powder optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, but you could just use all coconut if you are avoiding tree nuts)
Prepare a baking sheet or platter with parchment or waxed paper.
In a medium pan on medium low heat melt butter/coconut oil, nut butter, and chocolate bar broken into pieces (You can also melt these in a microwave safe dish on high heat for 1 1/2-2 mins or until chocolate is just melted).
Add remaining ingredients to melted chocolate mixture.
Mix well, it will be thick but still a little sticky
Using spoon or cookie scoop measure out 24 balls of dough and place on the parchment/waxed paper.
Chill for an hour or so before serving, so haystacks are firm.
Totals are for each cookie
total fat 10 g
net carbs 2 g
protein 2 g