- 2 cups unsweetened coconut shredded or flaked
- 1 1/2 cup nuts and/or seeds chopped
- 2 1/4 cup Keto Hot Cereal Mix
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup keto friendly sweetener
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs may use cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup berries optional
Preheat oven to 350° F. and prepare a 13x9" baking dish by greasing or spraying (could try lining with parchment, though I didn't try this).
In mixer bowl add dry ingredients and mix well.
Add eggs and mix again.
Add berries if using.
in a microwave save dish melt butter (about 30-60 seconds on high)
Add butter to mixture and mix thoroughly, it will be the consistency of a thick cookie dough
Press dough until evenly distributed in the prepared baking dish.
Bake about 25-30 minutes or until center is cooked. It will be like a cookie bar. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before cutting into bars.
Remove bars carefully from baking dish and place on parchment baking sheet or dehydrator trays.
Dry bars in oven or dehydrator at about 150° F. for 6-8 hours (when bars are completely dried and slightly crumbly). You may want to stop at this stage and use them as a granola bar, or crumble them up and use as granola cereal.
I store these in the refrigerator even though they are dried, due to the use of hemp hearts and flax seeds, which can become rancid tasting if not refrigerated (not sure if this is necessary).
total fat 46.5 g
net carbs 4.3 g
protein 8.7 g
- 3 cups hemp hearts
- 3 cups nut or seed flour
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut macaroon coconut works well
- 1 1/2 cup flax seeds ground
- 1 1/2 cups chia seeds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 12 scoops Vanilla MCT powder with Stevia Optional-you can simply add 2 Tbsp keto friendly sweetener instead
- 1 cup freeze dried berries Optional
- 1 cup chopped nuts Optional
In a very large bowl add all ingredients.
Mix until thoroughly blended. Place in gallon air tight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer (flax seeds, and hemp hearts will turn rancid once exposed to air if not kept in refrigerator or freezer).
To make hot cereal mix 1/2 cup of the mix, with 1/2 cup water and microwave on high for 2 mins.
Serve with nut milk and butter, or plain.
total fat 37.9 g
net carbs 3.4 g
protein 10.1 g