Keto Hamburger Buns
Based on recipe found in the cookbook: Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon club soda or carbonated water
- 2/3 cup whey protein powder
- 1/3 nut or sunflower seed flour
- 1 scoop MCT powder optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 3 English muffin rings on a cookie sheet covered with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Heat butter and cream cheese in a microwave safe dish, in the microwave until well softened but not liquid (between 15-30 seconds).
Add in all the other ingredients adding eggs last.
Mix well until consistency of thick pancake batter
Divide batter equally between the 3 English muffin rings. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top (if you are using).
Bake 15-18 mins. or until golden and slightly springy in the center.
Let cool about 5 mins before slicing
Total fat (grams) 30.4
Net carbs (grams) 5.3
protein (grams) 21.3