- 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese or 1 Tablespoon of Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 cup of nut or sunflower seed flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored grass-fed whey protein powder
- 1 scoop MCT powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning optional
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds optional
Preheat oven to 425° F. Prepare a baking sheet by covering with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a microwave safe bowl melt mozzarella and cream cheese (or creme fraiche) for 1 min.
Give it a good stir and place it back into the microwave for 15-30 more seconds, you want the cheese completely melted.
Working fairly quickly while your cheese is still warm and pliable, add all the other ingredients, including any spices you decided to use, and mix them well into a nice dough ball.
The dough will be very sticky so, wet your hands and divide into 2 smaller dough balls, and roll them slightly between your palms to elongate into the desired shape and sprinkle top with toasted sesame seeds (if you are using, you could use poppy seeds, or finely ground nuts if you like). Place them on baking pan covered with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Pop them into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 mins. Should be a nice golden brown on top, and not too dark on the bottom.
Slice and use while warm and fresh.
I have not tried freezing these as they never last long enough to find out how well they freeze! There you have it, a great sub or hero roll in under 15 mins!
Total fat (grams) 24.6
Net carbs (grams) 5.2
protein (grams) 25.2