- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp Creme Fraiche may use cream cheese
- 1/4 cup nut or seed flour
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese you can also do a combo of parmesan and romano cheeses
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder
- 1 scoop MCT powder optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried herbs I used herbs de provence, but you can use what you like
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 large yellow onion
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried herbs you probably won't need salt as the pork rinds are pretty salty. But, do add your favorite herb combo. in mine I use an italian blend
- 6 slices Meunster cheese you can substitute your own favorite cheese here
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease or spray a 9" pie plate and set aside.
In mixer bowl with paddle attachment add all crust ingredients and mix well.
Dough will forms a sticky dough ball.
Press 1/3 of dough into the bottom of the pie plate and set aside
In a medium bowl add meatloaf ingredients and mix well.
In center of pie plate with dough, form a uniform dome of meatloaf (Don't worry about trying to make a hole in the center, it really was extra work, that didn't add anything to the dish). Make sure not to co clear to side of pan. Instead, leave a bit of the bottom dough showing.
Place a layer of cheese slices over the meatloaf.
Take the remaining 2/3 of crust dough and using about 1/4 cup at a time cover the meatloaf and cheese, pressing into the exposed bottom dough.
The dough is sticky, so placing a bit of oil on your hands or rubbing it on your spatula will help you spread the dough over the dome.
Cover dome with foil and seal the edges
Bake for about 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer in the center reads at least 160° F.
This dish was very filling so you may find that it is more than 8 Servings.
total fat 20 g
net carbs 2.8 g
protein 30.4 g