- 1 cup finely ground raw macadamia nuts may substitute almond flour
- 3 Tbsp finely ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup butter may substitute ghee, coconut butter or oil
- 6 eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 scoop MCT powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 Tbsp keto friendly sweetener
Preheat oven to 375° F. and prepare a bread pan by spraying or greasing.
In high speed blender or food processor add nuts, flax seeds, coconut flour and all dry ingredients except cream of tartar. Grind to a fine meal, then add butter. Separate egg yolks in blender and put egg whites in to mixer bowl.
Mix until a thick dough forms.
In the meantime add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
Add blender dough to the egg whites and fold in gently.
Place batter into prepared bread pan and bake about 30 mins or until toothpick to center comes out clean.
This bread refrigerates and freezes well.
Macros are per slice
total fat 11 g
net carbs 2 g
protein 3 g