- 2 cups Chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small stalk celery chopped
- 2 Tbsp carrots finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 can organic chicken (I just used some leftover chicken)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp old bay spice optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup almond flour (may substitute 4 Tbsp coconut flour)
- 2 Tbsp butter softened (ghee or refined coconut oil also works)
- 1 scoop MCT powder optional
- 3 tsp konjac root powder (psyllium husks also work, but has a more gummy texture)
- 2 eggs
Over medium high heat in a heavy sauce pan, add all soup ingredients except xanthan gum. Once soup base begins to simmer sprinkle xanthan gum over the top and mix thoroughly, reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer while preparing the dumplings.
In a medium bowl add all dumpling ingredients adding eggs last and mix well. Will be a thick batter consistency.
Using a spoon or a cookie scoop add dollops of dumpling batter into simmering soup base.
Once dumplings have been added allow to simmer until dumplings are cooked through, about 5 mins.
total fat 32.4 g
net carbs 3.6 g
protein 23.4 g
sugar alcohols 0 g